Tuesday, January 31, 2006

38 Days!

The invitations are out! Bryan and I are going to be married in 38 days! I cannot believe how quickly our engagement has flown by. Even in this time from moving from a dating couple, to an engaged couple, I see how much we've grown and learned. I cannot wait to be married and all that it holds for us. We just finished up some premarital counseling. The counsel we were given was so rich. He didn't focus primarily on the issues people face rather he continued to point us to Christ. It really helped me to see in such a clear light that if Bryan and I continue to reflect the love of Christ to one another and lavish grace, love, and mercy on one another the way that Christ does that on us daily, we will continue to have a wonderful relationship. It doesn't mean we won't have bumps and trials, it just means that if we remain focused on the Lord those trials will not be damaging to our relationship they will strengthen our relationship. Bryan has always shown me the love of Christ in our relationship, quick to forgive and to love me through service. I am thankful to be marrying a man who demonstrates to me on a daily basis the love of Christ, yet not only to me but to everyone he is around. I can't wait to begin the journey of marriage as we share the rest of our lives together! The past four and a half years have been an amazing time together. I can't wait to walk out the plan of God for our lives together!

2 comments:

Rachel Kay said...

i got it last night! i cant wait karen, how exciting!

ericka b said...

You're too cute girl- SO happy for you! :) Glad I found your blog!