Sunday, January 15, 2006

To Do Lists

Its seems lately that my to do lists never end. This past week I worked consistently everyday from 8 am -8 pm and yet at the end of each day I still had tons that was not accomplished. Even by the end of the week everything I had hoped would be done wasn't. I will be the first to admit, I don't ALWAYS use my time wisely, but thats something I have been working on and this past week I was very productive with my time and yet the end of the to do list is no where in sight. Last night I was working on wedding stuff and felt somewhat like a loser for being at home on a saturday night by myself working on wedding stuff. I contemplated calling several people, but i knew I wouldn't enjoy myself because I would know how much there was to be done. It's so frustrating to me because these things are things that must be done, however, they are things that keep from doing what I truly love to do. I have found that its hard for me to enjoy spending time with people just hanging out b/c I always feel guilty because I know there is so much else I could be doing. I long for a day when I can sit down and have NOTHING to do...where I can choose to do whatever I want to do and not feel bad b/c something else is not getting done. And yet while I was having my pitty party last night the Lord gently tugged on my heart and reminded me that I am never alone, and He is always with me, tying ribbons on the programs and that while I get frustrated by having to do all these seemingly pointless things(b/c I know at least the guests will throw their program away!) He is right there with me for me to talk with Him and enjoy His company. So while I feel that my to do list may not have an end for a while, I am going to savor those moments with the Lord and tie every ribbon with joy!

No comments: