Sunday, January 15, 2006

Believing God for the Desires of your heart

Psalms 37: 3-7 "Trust in the Lord, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness. Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring forth your righteousness as light, and your justice as the noonday. Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him!"

For over a year now these verses have been very close to my heart. The verses that have really guided my thinking and my steps. One of the biggest things the Lord has taken me through this past year is having believing faith. I am amazed as I sit here in my house on Payne Street at the work of the Lord.

For at least two years I have been in love with Payne street, and more specifically a particular house on Payne Street. I would always cut through Payne Street to drive home so that I could drive past "my" house. Bryan and I always joked that the house would be for sale when we got engaged...well to our dissappointment it wasn't(like we could have afforeded it anyway). That ended our looking for a house to rent/buy on Payne Street. We were so excited to find out that Billie and Travis needed renters for their little home and we could deffinately afford the rent so we went for it. Then we found out we were second on the list for the house. So we started looking again. I was driving home one night, I do believe from TCBY, on the phone with my mom, when the voice of the Lord instructed me to drive down Payne Street. I listen to the Lord when I drive because I don't want to get into an accident. So I kept chatting and drove home down payne street thinking nothing of it until I got almost to the end of the street and saw a for rent sign. I freaked out and called Bryan, we called the owners and set up a time to come by and see it.

It was love at first sight...with the exception of having no pets...the house was more than I ever could have imagined so we set up a time for an interview. The Lord really began to stir in my heart the things He wanted to accomplish in the house and I knew it was where He wanted us. Except that they don't rent to undergrads...and even though I was graduating in December, Bryan was still an undergrad. We decided to trust the Lord because we really knew He was leading us to this house. Even though all odds were against us, the Lord gave us favor and we trusted Him to get us the house despite the circumstances. And He did, and I sit here amazed that I am living in a house on Payne Street that is more than I ever could have hoped for. The Lord amazes me how He meets the desires of our hearts. Once I figure out how to put pictures on this thing I will post some of our lovely home...those of you in AU should stop by though!

4 comments:

jared.smith said...

there is no better street in Auburn than PAYNE street!!!

Billie said...

fyi: wilkey is a history major. Karen, I'm so glad how things worked out because as much as we love the umm, projects the lack of central heat was killer. much love - Billie

Billie said...

karen - 722 County Road 231 Newville, AL 36353

Farah said...

I'm excited for pics. (If I can put them on mine, you definately can do it.)