Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Bittersweet

Yesterday was a bittersweet day. I pulled up Farah's blog(my future sister-in-law) with excitement because of the picture I knew would be awaiting me...beautiful Mt. Ranier. The picture was amazing, almost surreal(good job David or Farah). It left me speechless and longing to be there to see the mountain with my own eyes. I found myself missing Seattle(well really Orting, WA) and Nepal yesterday. Two completely different places on opposite sides of the world. Yet, both places are very close to my heart. I miss the people there, the food, the smells, the sounds. I'm glad though to miss those places, because it makes it so much better when I get to go there. I'm so excited about the next time I will get to go to Seattle or Nepal. My heart comes alive in those places in a unique way. For now though, I am content to miss those places and long for the day when I will visit them, because I know this is where the Lord has called me, and I'm content here in beautiful Auburn. Ya'll probably think I'm crazy, but its ok...just thought I would share my day of bittersweetness.

1 comment:

Farah said...

I didn't mean to make your day "bittersweet", but Orting misses you too. We will be bringing some of it (them) with us though in March.