Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Believing God

I know its been awhile since I posted, I apologize to all of you who were dissapointed each time you checked my blog to see the same title pop up. A lot has been going through my mind over the last month and I've been trying to decide what I wanted to post.

in Matthew 7:8-10 a picture of great faith is displayed for us. The centurion comes to the Lord and asks Him to heal His servant, the Lord says He will go and heal the servant but the centurion stops him and says, "Lord, I am not worthy that You should come under my roof. But only speak a word, and my servant will be healed." What a profound display of faith! This man believed that the Lord was powerful enough to heal a person simply by speaking the words out of His mouth. In verse 10 Jesus says, "Assuredly, I say to you, I have not found such great faith...go your way; and as you have believed, so let it be done for you."

In Mark 11:23-24, Jesus says, " Have faith in God, for assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea', and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you have recieved them, and you will have them."

Jesus commands us here to have faith in God, a command is a form of sentence structure indicating action. Jesus is telling us to have faith in God and His word. Just like we feed our bodies so they will grow or we water a plant so it will grow, we have to feed our faith so it will grow. How do we feed our faith? We feed our faith with the word of God and then acting on God's word. If we feed our body food so it will grow but then we don't use our bodies energy we become fat, however if we use our energy and build muscle we become stronger. The same is with our faith, we can feed our faith God's word but if we don't act on His word we become spiritually overweight. If we act on God's word though we build our faith muscles and become stronger.

What could we accomplish for the Lord if we had faith like the centurion, if we had believing faith that knew the Lord would answer our prayers.

Walking by faith and not by sight is a journey that I have traveled these past few months and its such a joy to believe God for things that are not yet seen. "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1 The Lord calls us to have faith in things that we cannot see and believe, according to His word that He is faithful.

I hope this year we will all feed our faith the word of God and grow in our ability to believe God!!

No comments: