Saturday, January 21, 2006

The Dreams I dream for you...

Ok so I'm going to be cheesy...only those of you in Chi-O can really appreciate the cheesiness of this though. During RUSH, Chi-O sings a song and part of the song goes like this..."the dreams I dream for you are deeper than the ones your clinging too, more precious than the finest things you do, and truer than the treasures you pursue. Let the old dreams die, like stars that fade from view, and take the cup I offer and drink deeply of the dreams I dream for you"

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are you ways My ways, says the Lord, For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts." Is. 55:8-9

"For I know the thoughts that I think towrd you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

These verses and the words of this song speak deeply to my heart, because I am a "dreamer" I love to think of grand dreams...but yet it amazes me that the Lord has dreams and plans He has for me are far beyond any of the dreams I could ever imagine. I know some of the dreams I have "dreamed" are dreams He has placed in my heart, and I hold those dreams very close to my heart and only a treasured few people know them. However, it excites me to think that the Lord has so much planned for mine life...and I am so excited to begin this next phase of the journey called marriage, because I know that He has amazing plans for our lives! Right now I am recognizing that the Lord still has me in a place of preperation...and preperation time is never lost time. I am also realzing that there are some dreams I must let go of, because they are my dreams and not dreams inspired by the Lord. I know that its not time for me to step into what the Lord has shown me He has planned for me(parts of it anyway). I am excited for this time of preperation, as the Lord continues to mold me, to chisel me, and prepare me for the plans He has for us. I even more excited about the plans He has for Bryan and the things the Lord will accomplish through him. I am so excited to begin this wonderful journey with the man of my dreams!!!

No comments: