Sunday, December 09, 2007

Faith, Hope, Love

We have been doing a series at church on Faith. My heart has been stirred as we have talked about God's greatness and faithfulness to work on His children's behalf. The definition that we are using for Faith is: "The belief that God can and the hope that God will". This has brought me back to my blog title and the deepest desire of my heart. I want to always believe that God can perform what might seem impossible to me, and I never want to limit His ability to work on my behalf due to my lack of belief or trust that He can. I know that in His sovereignty what I want or ask may not always be what is best...and I gladly rest in His wisdom of what is best for my life. Continuing on this path Bryan and I have started our own family "advent" since we didn't have an advent book this year but we had the candles. During the advent season there are 5 candles, 4 for the Sundays prior to Christmas and then 1 for christmas day. For our first three Sundays we have done our devotions on faith, and hope, and next week will be on love. I know that leaves two candles, but the last one obviously is about Jesus and the fourth one well...that is yet to be determined.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13:13

You can listen or watch the messages at:
www.mountainlakechurch.org

1 comment:

Crystal Corn said...

It's been too long friend! Hope to see you soon!