Saturday, December 22, 2007

Eternal Perspective

On my way home the other day Christy Nockels and I were spending some quality time together jamming out. As I was belting out with her praises to our King, I was overwhelmed just at how good our God is and thats when it all hit me.

As I posted previously the last few weeks have been marked by some struggles as well as watching others walk through their own insecurity battles. As I took that time in the car to just focus on God and praise Him, my lens came into clear focus. When I was focused on myself and my insecurities, comparing myself to others, and trying to meet the percieved expectations of others, the perspective I had of myself was blurry. I couldn't see myself for who I truly was. As I shifted my focus to Christ and an eternal perspective my vision cleared and I could see myself as I truly am; and accept the creation that God crafted.

As a wise friend recently told me; "when we go to that place of insecurity we are no longer free to be ourselves nor can we be who others need us to be" (not word for word but you get the idea). Satan wants us to be focused on ourselves and he tries to do this through insecurity. As I have seen in my own life this week, when am I in that place of insecurity and focused on that it cripples me from walking in the freedom of Christ. It also hinders my being used by God because I am not looking to Him.

As I have shifted my perspective to an eternal one, I now see my insecurities from a temporal angle. Am I going to walk in security everyday for the rest of my life? No, I know that everyday will be a choice to have an Eternal perspective or an Internal perspective-so feel free to ask me if I am being Eternal or Internal!

Merry Christmas

No comments: