Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Million Dollar Question

Since making the decision about a month ago not to go on staff with GCM, Bryan and I found ourseleves bombarded by the million dollar question of "what are you going to do now". Deffinately not a bad question, we just didn't have an answer and we might could have gotten at least 100 dollars if we got a dollar for every person who asked us the question =)!! So anyway, if you have been talking to us over the last month, you would know that just about everyday changes the "plan". We walked away from our decision not to go on staff with general direction from the Lord, and peace that specific direction would come, and amazing peace that we were where we were supposed to be! We really felt the Lord wanting us to move away from the Montgomery/Auburn area since this is all we've ever known and have a "fresh" start. So we began looking with what little direction we had. In the past month, Nashville, Colorado, Seattle, and Kentucky have all be considered...we got excited about all of them but yet no peace. A simple phone call changed a lot and we think the lucky state is North Carolina. Since so much of the planning is still in the praying and planning stages, I will leave it at we have peace about moving to North Carolina and the Lord is showing us what He has for us there and we are extremely excited! He is deffinately leading us to places and areas of ministry we never saw ourselves being used! More details will come as I feel that the Lord gives me freedom to share with you! We will remain in Auburn at least until August! So come party at the Payne St. house this summer!!

4 comments:

Billie said...

Karen, I am so excited for you, didn't know that at all, but still so excited for you. moving away was/is incredibly hard, but it has been a wonder for T and I. We've gotten to be so much better friends (primarly because we have no other option), but it thought me so much about trusting the Lord and Trav. Praying for you two,
Bill

Unknown said...

Hey girl! You are married! Buck & I are so excited for you two...even though we know you aren't coming this way anymore!

I am going to be in Auburn May 7th...any chance you guys are around...I would love to see you two!

Meagan Ruff said...

Wow I am so excited for you guys!!! And I will definetly have to take you up on the party thing... we will bevisiting the great state of Alabama at the end of July/beginning of August. Hopefully you guys will be around!!!
Love, Meagan

dianne said...

North Carolina..oh my gosh..thats awesome! I am so exicted..and i love that state. cant wait to hear details!