Friday, March 21, 2008

4 X's

Birds are out to get me...

Today Bryan and I had were enjoying the beautiful day on Samford Lawn, in the Lovliest Village on the Plains(Auburn University). Spring in Auburn is definitely one of my favorites! We were also both enjoying meals from our favorite restaurant in Auburn. As I was indulging in my turkey wrap and sweet potato chips from Amsterdam Cafe a bird dropped a present right on my leg!!! Now this would not be so dramatic were it not the FOURTH time in my life that this has happened-please tell me this is some sort of record!

Twice I have been "gifted" on the head and now twice on some other area of my body. This may have something to do with the target a blue bird pecked into my head sometime in elementary school when I walked too close to her nest of baby blue birds, but I do think I have paid my dues for innocently trespassing while going to my swing set.

However, it provided a great laugh for us and a wonderful memory of our picnic on the plains!

(Just make sure not to walk too close to me when birds are nearby. )

3 comments:

isbo said...

i'll still love you when you permanently smell of bird poop.

Trent said...

HAHAHA! I have been graced once in my life. I embraced it and you should too!

The Gentrys said...

Yeah! You have a blog...I just started one so maybe now we can keep up better!