Wednesday, April 09, 2008

No Regrets

As we wrapped up our No Regrets series at church this Sunday, I have been processing all of it the last couple of days.

Right after we got married/graduated from college, Bryan and I had to make a decision about our future. I wanted to go on staff with a ministry more than anything, and I had prayed about and so had Bryan and we felt peace so we moved forward. However, as we began raising our support, the money was just not coming in. At first we continued to trust God, knowing that He would be faithful to provide. After several months of this though, we decided to go back to our knees to hear from Him again, and the still soft voice whispered, "this is a good thing, but not the best thing". We know God would have used us in that place, but it wasn't the best. This phrase has come back across my mind as I have processed living with no regrets.

I want God's best for my life, but I know that in order to get to that place I'm going to have to take risks. I can play it safe and have what is good, but to have what is best involves risk and trusting Him. I can love those who are easy to love and love me back, but loving those who might not give me anything back or who are hard to love will involve risk, but it will also allow me to become more like Christ. I can conform to the world and who it says I should be, and have a good life, but choosing who Christ says I am and living for eternal purposes will be much more satisfying.

I know I will not always choose correctly, because its comfortable to play it safe, but I want to at least live a life pursuing the choices with no regrets.

No comments: