Thursday, February 23, 2006

"My God shall supply all your need..."

The last couple of months have been a rich season in my life. Upon graduation in December I was "on my own". I have not been a person who had to worry about money, if I wanted something, I usually bought it. My future hubby has come to notice over the years that my impulsive spending sprees are also a part of my flesh. I myself have also recognized that and wanted to tame the impulse. The Lord graciously did that for me. Over these last few months the Lord has provided exactly what I needed when I needed it. There is such a contentment that comes in having just what you need and nothing more. There have been several desires of my heart that the Lord graciously blessed me with through my generous parents during this time. However, I am thouroughly enjoying this growing time in my life where I am content with what I have, and could even possibly get rid of some of the stuff. (I am little concerned as to where all of Bryan's stuff is going to go when he moves in). Its a wonderful place to be, because then when the Lord blesses you with those desires of your heart, that aren't "needs" they are cherished even more. The Lord has also taught me the importance of being a wise steward of his money and really getting a good price on everything.

I was talking recently to a friend who is like a sister to me. The place the Lord is leading she and her husband really challenged me. They feel that they are holding too tightly to some material things the Lord blessed them with at one time. Those blessings were needed and wonderful at one time, but now they feel the blessings are tying them down. They are downsizing in a hgue way and are going to live a much simpler life. It encouraged me to hold the material blessings that I have from the Lord very loosely and to continue to give them back to Him, for He is the blessed giver of all good gifts. In our society, materialism is one of our main idols. I have been caught up in that trap for a couple of years now. I have found in the last few months that there is so much more peace and life, when you have what you need and nothing more. The rest are blessings from our Heavenly Father.

The Lord blessed Bryan and I greatly and met the desires of our hearts above and beyond with our house! I am so thankful to have such a beautiful and wonderful home to open up and have people over, however, I know that HE must always remain my focus rather than my home and what it looks like. I am enjoying this place that I am in...and I'm getting hitched in 14 days!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Billie said...

11 days, whoa!

April said...

i loved reading your heart! i am so excited about all that the Lord is doing in you. I can't wait to see you get married!!!!