Saturday, October 22, 2005

Sugar and Spice and Everything that's Nice

So today was a blast! My mom and I headed up to Birmingham to spend the day wedding dress shopping. My best friend Julia and her mom joined us once we were there, as well as my surrogate grandmother Dink. What a blessed day to be surrounded by some of the people I care about and cherish the most as we searched for the "perfect" gown! Just for fun my mom and I had made two appointments at some very nice bridal shops...a warning to all...once you go there is no turning back! There is a reason designers are good at what they do...i did not put one ugly dress on today! They were all beautiful...and so were the prices =). However, it is very hard to look at other gowns in the same light when you have put such wonderful gowns on your body! I'm glad there are some people out there who have that kind of money to spend because I sure don't! I can't even imagine spending thousands of dollars on a dress that I will wear for ONE DAY(maybe two for my portrait). I think just to justify spending that much money I would put it on and wear it once a month after the wedding! However, trying on so many beautiful dresses made the choice that much harder...I have to say I haven't a clue...well a small one but I can't tell ya'll because it would ruin the surprise. I just don't know how a girl makes such a huge decision...Bryan can attest that I am the most indecisive person...so how on earth can I pick just ONE dress!!! Thankfully I have the Lord...because Bryan also knows well that if I don't love my outfit I will be in a terrible mood and obviously we can't have that on the wedding day!!! So now I just have to find the one that I love and feel the most beautiful in! Going to the fancy boutiques was so much fun...I felt very rich...like I really did have the money to spend on one of their dresses(if they only knew how SMALL my budget was!!) It was such a wonderful day! I am so blessed! I can't wait to see which one I end up with!

2 comments:

Christy G said...

hello!! came across your blog-- now i know ive been gone for a bit, but i totally missed out on the news-- engaged!! maybe its been there for a while, ive just been totally out of it, BUT congratulations man, how exciting :) thanks so much for all of your prayers too. im finally back home in montgomery. sorry i havent kept you updated. i started a blog, and im already addicted and update it like everyday, so i just thought i would let you know. hopefully i can make it up to encounter this thursday. can't wait to see all of you amazing people. have a great weekend!!

dianne said...

I think we could totally justify wanting to wear your wedding dress just around the house hanging out at least once a month. I mean so what if you want to twirl around the living room in white!