Thursday, October 06, 2005

The Secret is OUT!!!

Finally! The secret is out! Bryan and I are engaged! He proposed last friday night. I had gone to Montgomery for the day and he came over to see his family that afternoon. The original plan was for us to ride back to Auburn together and he had planned to propose in Auburn...but I decided I was going to stay in Montgomery and ride to Auburn Saturday with my parents. Bryan knew that if he tried to convince me to come back to Auburn I would know something was up...so he came up with a plan B. We went to the Shakespeare Festival to have a picnic dinner at sunset. It was normal for us to do something together on Friday night because we don't spend a lot of time together during the week. So we were eating our dinner and he said he needed his phone because someone from work was supposed to call him. He came back though with his guitar. At first I thought oh we're going to sing some worship songs...but then he said he had a surprise for me and he wanted to play me a song. So he played a song that he had written for me two years ago(I had never heard it). The last line of the song is "Lord you know how honored I would be if she would marry me"...I was already crying because the song is amazing but at that point I kind of starting freaking out because I knew what was coming. He put the guitar back in the case and said he had another surprise for me and then pulled out the ring box. I freaked out and closed my eyes and buried my face in my hands. I didn't even know that he got down on one or knee or what he said to me. As soon as he was done talking I just jumped in his arms and gave him a big hug. He said I told him yes over a minute later. Then he asked if he could put the ring on my finger and of course I said yes...but I closed my eyes again...and when I opened them I freaked out again...because its beatiful. He could not have picked a better ring. I love it so much!! We are getting married March 11, 2006 at Marengo Plantation; its an old plantation home outside Montgomery. It's so beautiful! We are so excited!!!

4 comments:

Jessie said...

Holy freaking CRAP. I hate hearing about engagements on the freaking internet.

Oh, yeah, CONGRATULATIONS! I FREAKING LOVE YOU! I HOPE HOPE HOPE I SEE YOU SOMETIME SOON! Miss and love you TONS!

Marriage is fun!

Katie B said...

wwooooowwww!
i can't wait to see it with my own eyes. i am so pumped about what abba has in store for your marriage! and march ... o mi goh its almost here :) love you girl!

carol b said...

how fun!! you're getting married. what a glorious life you two will live as one for the Lord

chase said...

ahh good stuff, I did another jig when I read it, haha