Tuesday, July 04, 2006

"What are you doing in the world?"-Dax Isbell

My two and half year old nephew, Dax Isbell, who is learning how to talk got his words mixed up one day and instead of saying, "What in the world are you doing?", he said "What are you doing in the world?". Well when my sister-in-law told me this story immediately the phrase went straight to my heart and I have pondered it since she told me.

Bryan and I are in a place of waiting. We don't know what the futureholds, we only have glimpses and the next immediate step. However, the question resonates in my heart because as I go through out my day it keeps my focus on glorifying the Lord. I know that He has a plan and a purpose in this time of preperation for the things to come, but I don't want to be so caught up in the things to come that I miss those divine appointments to minister His love and grace to those around me. We are looking forward to our move "home" in August to be closer to family and to begin this season of preperation as the Lord continues to mold in us the plans He has for us.

I thought I would share the profound thought of my nephew with you because its a good question to ask ourselves..."what are we doing in the world?" to minister grace and love to the lost? Are we spending our days glorifying our creator or magnifying ourselves?

2 comments:

Farah said...

Aren't you already home? lol
Just kidding. I am excited and I have so enjoyed our time together so far. In keeping with the rest of my life right now, I am going to do my best not to take you for granted or be "oblivious" to the time we have.

AuntieStina said...

Great thoughts from a little guy! I'm sure that I'm going to be thinking of it all day today.....and I hope that it can keep my mind and heart focused on the Lord.